Compliments/Complaints procedure

At Orchard we love to hear feedback good or bad, it’s what helps us continually improve and grow as a business.  Some details on how to give us your feedback below, if we have got something wrong we really are very sorry, we will do our best to put things right for you as quickly as we can.

Step one
Log your feedback with us by phone, letter, email, or via this website.  Positive feedback will be passed on to the teams or individuals involved.  The following steps detail how your complaint would be dealt with.

Step two
If you have lodged a complaint we will quickly investigate and we will respond to you within three working days, and we will try to resolve it, where possible, within 10 working days.

Step three
If you are unhappy with the outcome, then you may wish to appeal. To do this, simply write to us and request for the matter to be re-evaluated by a more senior member of our organisation. You must do this within 28 calendar days of receiving our initial response. Please state the grounds of your appeal.

If you would like further independent support, you can contact The Citizens Advice (details below) who can lend you their expertise;

You can call them on 03454 040506; or visit their website:

 If you are a microbusiness, and your complaint isn’t resolved to your satisfaction after 8 weeks, or an energy company deadlocks the complaint, you can contact the  Ombudsman Services Energy who will investigate the complaint further.

You can call them on 0330 440 1624; or visit their website:

A micro business is defined as a non-domestic consumer if they meet one of the following criteria: 

Employs fewer than 10 employees (or their full time equivalent) and has an annual turnover or balance sheet no greater than €2 million; or uses no more than 100,000 kWh of electricity per year; or uses no more than 293,000 kWh of gas per year.

(A business using 100,000 kWh of electricity or 293,000 kWh of gas should typically pay around £10,000 - £12,000 a year for each fuel, excluding VAT and Climate Change Levy)
You can register any complaints, comments or compliments, by:

Please call us on: 0844 581 0844.

In writing
Please forward all correspondence to:
Orchard Energy
Park Road, Elland
West Yorkshire, HX5 9HP

Please fill in our contact form below:

Name *